
1. Astros versus the Pittsburgh Pirates, my sister Caroline has made my children Astros fans, which really confuses people here in Ohio. 2. Minute Made Park children's area, made me realize I have not taught my kids how to swing a bat. 3. Port Aransas (near Corpus Christi) Piggy Perch Fishing Contest, we found out there was a fishing contest while we were staying at the beach (look at 6 to see all the kids entered in the contest, I some how got then all out of order), we saw dolphin swimming by while we were helping the kids fish. 4. Julian my brother-in law was wonderful and rented a beautiful beach house for us. 5. The humongous shrimp (prawns) that Charles (another brother-in-law) cooked up for us. The shrimp were $5 a pound right off the boat. 6. My out of order picture, all the kids in the Piggy Perch fishing contest. 7. Surfing, Karin and Kirsten took surfing lesson with their cousins. They got up multiple times, they even beached it a couple of times. I was really surprised, I had no idea that they would be able to catch on so quickly. 8. The surfing cousins and their surf instructors. 9. My family, minus Kris and my brother Paul.
We had a fabulous time at the beach, it was so to enjoy the beach for a morning run and a walk in the evening collecting shells. I even got to do a little boogie boarding (I am not as adventurous as my kids, I don't surf).
Fun, fun! I wish I could take surfing lessons. Katy, you should have tried it too! As for not teaching your kids how to swing a bat, when you have all girls, it's easy to forget things like that. :-)
ReplyDeleteKaty: You did more in one week than I did in my lazy 28 days in Utah! I am impressed! Looking forward to reading about Weeks 2-?? LOL
ReplyDelete