
1. My kids got a tour of a police cruiser. 2. Houston Health Sciences museum - we didn't get many pictures, but Mia loved being with her cousin, Anne. 3. Went to the opening of Harry Potter and the half-blood prince with my nieces. 4. Went to Austin to send Karin and Kirsten off to Prude Ranch (horse camp), while there saw Harry Potter again (with Karin & Kirsten) and went to a cute town, Fredricksburg for some great shopping. Mia & Ava stayed behind in Houston and had a ball with Aunt Denise, cousins Sarah & Anne, Aunt Caroline and cute cousin Matthew. They made tie-dyed shirts with Caroline (see photo 9 for Ava wearing hers). 5. Houston Children's Museum - my kids favorite thing is at the end when they get to draw all over their faces with the face crayons. 6. Ava & Mia had a fun week, without Karin and Kirsten, swimming with their cousins Matthew, Sarah & Anne 7. Headed out to Fort Davis, Texas for the Prude ranch rodeo. Kirsten on Blue Moon. She won another belt buckle as rodeo champion in her age group. 8. Karin on Tomahawk, she was a rodeo champion also. 9. Ava found this great green beetle while watching the rodeo.
Kris joined us to head out to Fort Davis. It was so nice to have him with us. He was greatly missed the 2 weeks we were apart. We also went to a Star Party at the McDonald Observatory, we got to look through high powered telescopes at the moon, several planets and a developing galaxy. We headed on to El Paso to a 50th reunion for the 5th Ward (the ward I grew up in). It was amazing the people who traveled to El Paso to be there. I got to see people I haven't seen in 20 years or more. One of those people saw Karin before he saw me and asked her what her name is, she told him, and then said, "I am related to the Doziers." He said, "Katy Dozier is your mom." Yep that's me. I was surprised that someone picked out Karin and know I am her mother. We headed on to Utah after this. More updates to come.
Your comment on my blog gave me a chuckle! :)
ReplyDeleteMy life, unfortunately has not been boring. I have lots of stories I can pull out of this hat of mine.
Love all your pics from the summer.
You kids are so big - Are you in a suburban now??? Looks like you had a lot of fun.
Keep 'em coming.
Thanks for the laugh tonight.
PS- every Sun on the way to church, I pass by B& W and think Kris should figure out a way to transfer here. I am sure they could create something for him.
Katy: Now I know why your cross-country excursion is a family tradition. Your family does so many fun things! Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteKaty!
ReplyDeleteYour kids are so big, and gorgeous! I found your blog through April and Michael's blog. It's good to see you are well and happy!
Kimberlie