And How Background

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Egg Hunt





We have been the host of an Egg Hunt almost every year since we moved to Ohio. Each year it gets a little bigger and I figure out how to make things go a little smoother. We had a temple trip planned with the bishopric the night before this year, so we had to extra diligent in getting things done before hand. We were happy the weather mostly cooperated this year (it still was slightly chilly), but since we had a least a couple of inches of snow on the Tuesday before, and it was raining most of Thursday and Friday. The Saturday of the egg hunt turned out to be sunny and not too muddy. Karin got to help hide the eggs this year and I didn't feel quite so frazzled once people started arriving, because I have learned that I have to cut back on some of my crazy ideas. We invited around 30 families, 20-25 showed up.

I would love to get some great pictures of the actual hunt, but since I am trying to run things and take pictures at the same time, I usually get pictures of my kids in a blur racing by to find another egg.



We have a tradition of placing golden eggs amongst the other colorful eggs. The rule about the golden egg is that you can only have one golden egg, until everyone has one. If you find more than one golden egg you have to share it with someone else. The golden egg can then be traded in for a bigger prize from the basket of toys that I collect over the year (Target has great clearance sales on toys).

3 comments:

  1. We so miss the Jorgensen Easter Egg Hunt!
    Wish we were there!
    It's the best Egg Hunt around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved The Hunt--what a great tradition you have and you are truly the "hostess with the mostest" (guests that is!) The temple was fun too!! P.F. Chang's is always a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry we missed it this year.
    looks like you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete