And How Background

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools





















I started a tradition of making an April Fools dinner the past couple of years. Family Fun magazine is a great source for some creative ideas. This year it was Chicken NOT Pie and Jello drink, all of which were a good visual fake. The Chicken NOT Pie is vanilla pudding with carrots, peas and corn made out of softened starbursts, and banana chunks as chicken. I made Jello and put it in glasses for the drink (Kirsten quickly figured out it there was something up with the drink since we always have just water). The kids thought they were really getting Chicken Pot Pie (I did make Chicken Pot Pie as well as the Chicken Not Pie, since everything else in the meal was not very healthy). I wasn't as creative with the rest of the day unlike in the past, but the kids have come to expect at least an April Fool's Dinner, so it takes some creativity to fake them out.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! I am going to "SAY" I am going to do that next year...we'll see.
    You are such a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great tradition that your kids will always remember!
    Maybe someday your grandchildren will "April fool" you!

    ReplyDelete