And How Background

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving

As usual I am not up to date. For Thanksgiving, we so graciously invited ourselves to Boston for Thanksgiving. We have spent at least 3 Thanksgivings with the Arnolds at our house for Thanksgiving, so I knew they wouldn't mind if we crashed their Thanksgiving too much. What better place to be than Boston for Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful meal and played lots of fun new games. I immediately came home and bought Bang and Quiddler. Our new favorite is Bang, even Mia loves to play, with a little help.


This is our second trip to Boston in the past couple of years, so we were just trying to hit the highlights we missed before.

We walked around downtown Boston and enjoyed the festive atmosphere and rode the carousel. It was beautiful, but cold.




We rode across the bay to see the new USS Constitution museum, but missed the actual ship again.

I have a picture of one of my sisters, brother and me in front of the Constitution when I was 12.


How do you like those shorts and socks?

I wanted to relive that with my kids. You can't get a picture like that anymore, too much security.

The view on the ride back was beautiful and it was wonderful to see the city all lit up with Christmas lights.



We couldn't go to Massachusetts at Thanksgiving and not go to Plymouth. We had the best scallops and clams at the Lobster Hut. We toured the Jenney Grist Mill, the tour guide and owner was very entertaining and my kids loved the tour.


We had to go see Plymouth rock. I have heard so many stories about people's disappointment when they actually see it. I guess they imagined it would be huge rock. It is just a large rock and is probably is not the actual rock where the Mayflower landed, but we saw it.



We toured the Mayflower II (no one knows where the original ended up). The highlight of the day was Plimoth Plantation. It is a recreation of Plymouth in the early years. The people recreate living in 1670s, and stay true to character, you can ask them a question about something modern and they will tell you they know of no such thing.


Thank you to Laurel and her family for the fun trip, we really enjoyed ourselves.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun way to spend Thanksgiving.
    Fun to see the Arnolds too.
    I LOVE Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you make me want to go and visit!!!

    ReplyDelete