And How Background

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Disney/Florida Part 2

I am finally posting more of our Disney vacation. I would have to say that November is a great time to visit Florida. The weather was beautiful and the crowds were relatively light. Our kids were wonderful, it was one of the most enjoyable trips that we have taken.

Our third day of Disney was spent in the Magic Kingdom. We choose a day that was supposed to be light, we got there before the opening so we could be one of the first in the park. 1.) One of the tour guides we used provided touring plans, one of them was entitled "Dumbo or Die" the ultimate kids touring plan, hitting everyone of the kids favorite rides.

2.) We started on Buzz Lightyear , this was cousin, Matthews favorite and he kept saying, Buzz, in his cute 1 year voice. Space Mountain was under renovations so we didn't get to ride at this point. Kris chatted up one of the "cast members" and he was told that they were doing a soft opening (unofficial) and we might get to ride, but since it was in testing there was no guarantee. 3.) Ava had a little trouble seeing over the Speedway steering wheel or reaching the gas pedal. Fortunately Dad came to her aid. 4.) The Astro Orbiter, I love this shot, click on the picture to enlarge the image. 5.) I just love this picture of Ava and Mia on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. 6.) I love this picture of Mia and Kris, you can see where she gets her smile. 7.) Mad Tea Party, I rode once and I made the kids go easy on me, Ava wasn't allowed to ride without me. 8.) The Magic Kingdom was all decked out for Christmas. 9.) They had fake snow (bubbles) blowing over Main Street. It was just too funny to be walking through the warm Florida weather listening to "Walking in a Winter Wonderland."

We did get to ride Space Mountain. I ran back to check if was opening, just as it opened. We got to ride multiple times. Ava decided she loved it. We rode all the major and minor rides we wanted and went back to our house happy and exhausted.

1 comment:

  1. what fun! sounds like a blast! so glad you got to ride everything you wanted. I can't even imagine the magic of Disney with Christmas decor/music too!!!

    ReplyDelete