The Last Lecture by Randy PauschMy review
rating: 5 of 5 stars
A wonderfully insightful quick read. I loved his enthusiasm even when faced with his impending death.
Amy Butler's Midwest Modern: A Fresh Design Spirit for the Modern Lifestyle by Amy ButlerMy review
rating: 4 of 5 stars
Not really much to read but lots of pretty pictures to admire. I love Amy Butler's fabric and she makes such beautiful things for it shown off in the book.
The Thief by Megan Whalen TurnerMy review
rating: 5 of 5 stars
I totally enjoyed this book and the whole series. Megan Whalen Turner does a fabulous job of keeping me in the dark for much of the story, while still keeping me totally enthralled.
The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen TurnerMy review
rating: 5 of 5 stars
Again I loved this almost as much as The Thief. I wasn't sure I wanted the result to be what is was, but I think that was because the author was totally leading me to want one thing, so when it didn't go that way I was disappointed.
The King of Attolia by Megan Whalen TurnerMy review
rating: 5 of 5 stars
Loved the third book in the series the best.
The View from Saturday by E.L. KonigsburgMy review
rating: 5 of 5 stars
If you see a trend I have been reading a lot of juvenile fiction lately. I have read this before and would love to have more 6th graders act like the kids in this book.
The Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanMy review
rating: 3 of 5 stars
I liked it, but there were parts that I didn't love.
The Sea of Monsters by Rick RiordanMy review
rating: 3 of 5 stars
Again enjoyable, but not loved.
View all my reviews.
The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick RiordanMy review
rating: 3 of 5 stars
I like learning about Greek mythology, enough for me to look up and try to figure out who the different gods were.
Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon HaleMy review
rating: 4 of 5 stars
I always love reading Shannon Hale, this was not my favorite, but still enjoyable.
View all my reviews.
Well that's 10 for you and zero for me. I put a link to you on my blog and will be interested to see if you get any hits. I hope you'll keep posting....
ReplyDeleteI just noticed that you commented. I thought I would get a notice when someone comments. I probably need to set something for that to happen.
ReplyDelete